Monday, March 14, 2011

Animals, Flowers, and Sweet Potatoes

This past block break we hit up the Houston Zoo with our good friends the Woolard's.  Their 21 month old Brynlee was so adorable watching the animals.  One of her favorite attractions though was the birds, the regular black birds that are also in her front yard.  So cute!!!!! This zoo is amazing!  Here are some pics from the zoo trip:


MY personal favorite - the Giraffe's!!! It looks really strange to me to have a picture of a big 'ole elephant . . . with a skyscraper in the background!

Our front door has a pretty big pot for flowers next to it.  When my mom and sister were here in October, they made it look amazing with beautiful fall flowers.  However, it is now a nice pot of deadness.  It's depressing, and I'm embarrassed that all of our neighbors see it everyday.  

SO, the other day - Grayson and I beautified it! We went to Houston Garden Centers - which Grayson LOVED.  I carried him in the Bjorn carrier and he was SO excited to grab all the colorful petals.  Unfortunately we left quite a path of petals while shopping.
BEFORE
AFTER
My "Supervisor"
I have been trying like crazy to get Grayson to LIKE food other than formula. And the other day - he decided he liked it!  The whole process has been pretty messy.  I put some food in Grayson's mouth, he spits it out, Parker licks it off his face, Grayson dies laughing, repeat.  But then James tried it. . . . and the whole process was much more successful :) 








1 comments: