Monday, June 28, 2010

Cable fast

"Your crazy!" is what Shelby said when I told her last night that I was going to try a fast from cable tv this week.  It occurred to me over the weekend that I can easily watch tv for like 30 hours straight without a break.  How much other stuff could I have done during that time? workout, walk the dogs, clean the house, rearrange, wash/clean the cars, play with kid (in the future), post a blog, read a book, make a hearty meal, wash clothes, the list goes on forever.


So the rules:
-Watching dvd movies are okay (since they won't have pointless commercials) and because dvds generally are involved in quality time together with wife and dogs.
-No sportscenter (on internet )
-No news
-No favorite shows (with generally consist of 30% commercials)

Shelby asked, "What about Boston Med?" (a new medically oriented show on ABC I was dying to watch).  I responded, "I'll record it" - - It then occurred to me that in a world of no cable I would not be able to record it but instead I would probably just find better things to invest my time in .  

I'll try to post updates to fun/creative activities I come up with and post daily!

0 comments: