Sunday, April 25, 2010

Too Cool!

So seeing how I totally overlooked making a blog about us finding out the gender of the baby, I've decided to write about the first time I felt our boy kick. .  or punch. .or whatever he does that makes mommy feel not so good.  Just yesterday, while we were laying out at the pool Shelby leans over to me, grabs my hand and thrusts it onto her rock hard abs ;)  She says, "FEEL!", so I wait. . ..and wait. .. .then KABOOM! I felt it.  I'll have to admit, it was amazing.

For me, the baby experience has been very much lived through Shelby since I've never gotten sick, felt tired, had food cravings, potty breaks every 5 minutes, or anything of that sort - so it's been hard to 'connect' to our little guy in that mushy kind of way that every soon-to-be father would like.   Being able to feel him though was amazing yet personable.  It brought pictures of us playing together one day in a yard with the dogs jumping around while mom serves ice cold lemonade, hehe.   All in all it was 'too cool.'

1 comments:

Joe and Breana said...

Awww! That is SO awesome! We can't wait to see her little belly grow! He'll be here before we know it!