Monday, March 14, 2011

Random Happenings

Lately Grayson has been getting heavier and heavier :) (at his 6 month checkup he weighed in at 17.9 lbs - which is in the 54th percentile, he was also 26" - the 55th percentile for height)  He is by no means fat, he's just a growing boy! 

This has made me really anxious for the day he can sit in a grocery cart WITHOUT his car seat.  The whole car seat set up is super heavy and I'm not tall enough to see over it.  This leads to me poking my head out from either side constantly to see what i'm about to hit - and I always hit something or someone.  Those little wheelchair carts are particularly hard to see :)  

SOOO. . . . the other day, we gave it a try - sitting in the shopping cart unassisted.  He started out fine, and even looked intrigued.  But then he just slowly toppled.  Don't worry, I had my hands around him to catch him as he landed on the cart.  He's not strong enough yet to pull himself back up. . . so it was back to the car seat.  

But he's getting SO close!! It'll be any day now. . .  I can feel it!!
Looking interested . . . feeling good about this
Houston - we have a problem

Back to the car seat
We go to HEB almost everyday - it's Grayson's favorite place on Earth!
Here's just a few completely random pics from my phone:
Grayson LOVES bath time!! Yes I did some blurring - he's a little too young to have his man parts posted all over the internet :) His little orange fish sponge is his favorite thing, he gets SO excited for it.
EVERYTHING goes straight to his mouth.  Right now he's got 2 bottom teeth and he's working on a top tooth.
6 months old!!!!

1 comments:

Leslee said...

He is turning into a little chunker:) He will be sitting up in no time which will make shopping so much easier!