Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Shop Until You Drop. . .

Grayson and I recently made another trip to Amarillo to visit family.  I was so excited that they received about 8.5" of snow right before we got there! The flight up to Amarillo wasn't bad because we flew at 7:30 am - Grayson's Prime Time.  He is always in such a good mood in the mornings. He flirted with the flight attendants and other passengers - he is becoming an avid flyer!  

My parents and Callie and Andrew gave me a late birthday present of a shopping spree for clothes! That was a HUGE surprise, and soo much fun!  Callie and Andrew and their doggies made the long trek to Amarillo from Duncan, OK to come see us too - which was exciting! They had just driven to Dallas and back the night before. I don't know how those two drive as much as they do! :) I couldn't do it, but I'm SO glad they do.
Listening to the Pilot Welcome us to Amarillo!!

We're here!!!!
Seeing Granny again!!!!
    Telling Grandpa all about what he's been up to

Mommy and Auntie Callie :)
Grayson has become quite the little grabber.  Particularly with food and drinks.  He is just SO curious.  While eating at a local bakery, Grayson kept grabbing for Callie's lemons. . . so she let him have a TEENY TINY taste.
Aunt Callie and Uncle Andrew introducing Grayson to LEMONS!
Result:  EWWW!
After eating all together, my dad and Andrew split off to go look at guy things at guy stores, and my mom, my sister, Grayson, and I started OUR shopping at Old Navy.  But we found so many goodies that we never had to go to any other stores! Although, we were well equipped with coupons to many stores that Andrew had sweetly printed off for us to use.  He is the Coupon King! I don't even know how he finds them all!!
This is one of the mounds of snow in the parking lot at the mall. . .it technically was Grayson's first  experience with snow.
This was Grayson at the beginning of our shopping spree - happy, going with flow - browsing the merchandise. . . . 


And this was Grayson several hours later after a melt down and a bottle in the dressing room . . . .

Poor little guy was literally forced to shop until he dropped!

But he's a tough one - he survived the experience just fine!  Here he is the very next day at the mall!
This is back in Houston, he is sporting his NEW hat courtesy of Aunt Callie (purchased during the great shopping spree in Amarillo)
I always love getting to see my parents and Callie and Andrew.  I also always love the cold weather, we were lucky enough to get snow during our visit as well. But it is hard to be away from James, we always miss him tons.  This trip we returned on Valentine's day and G and I were greeted at the airport with beautiful flowers!! I would show a picture, but in my last import of pics from my IPhone to my computer, 98 photos were accidentally deleted in the process. GRR!!! There are no photos of the return flight because we unfortunately flew in the late afternoon, which is NOT Grayson's prime time.  He screamed and wailed the ENTIRE flight.  But that just made the flowers James brought even better because I was on my last leg! G and I had such a great time, we can't wait for the next visit with the family!!!

4 comments:

sharon said...

Love the picture of your Mom with Grayson...she actually looks like she's the one who shopped til she dropped :). Hope to see ya soon & see all those new teeth Grayson has. Glad you made it back safe. Enjoy the weekend off with your hubby!

Leslee said...

The shopping sounds fun!! I like you hair.. It looks shorter.

Candace said...

Sounds like lots of fun!! I love your hair too!

HullLowe said...

LOVE ALL THE PICS! I'm just not sure if there is a cuter 5month baby boy out there! Which reminds me.. pretty sure we are due for a snuggle!