Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Simple Joys

There are a lot of little everyday things that really make me happy.  Here's a list of simple things that always put a smile on my face.


CLEAN SHEETS
There is nothing better than getting into a bed with nice crisp, clean smelling sheets. AH!

GETTING IN A GOOD WORKOUT OR RUN
Even when you're totally out of shape, the feeling of accomplishment after a good run or workout is so satisfying.  I feel like I've detoxed my body a little bit.

PAGEVIEW COUNTERS
I have to say - I get GREAT joy from checking the pageview counter at the bottom of my blog.  :) There is a little flood of happiness I get when I check it and realize that someone has visited my blog!

ELECTRIC BLANKETS
Along with getting into a bed with crisp, clean sheets - It's nice to feel that warmth of an electric blanket. (but only when the rest of the house is super cold)


GETTING ACTUAL MAIL
Actual Mail addressed to me. I get excited when I see our mailbox full, but my excitement quickly fades when I weed through the newspaper coupons, the 17 pieces of mail addressed to all the previous tenants of our apartment, the credit card offers, and the Geico flyers - and I realize that there isn't actually any REAL mail. But when there IS real mail - it's a real day lifter!

5 comments:

bcmagg said...

electric blankets are the shiz.

bcmagg said...

i guess it wouldn't be good to tell you that i just refresh your blog about 30 times every morning huh? JK :)

Joe and Breana said...

Cute topic! Loved it! I LOVE clean sheets too! I swear I sleep better the first night they're on freshly clean=)

Candace said...

I read your blog!!!! And I LOVE clean sheets too:)

Leslee said...

I agree with these too! Except electric blankets, just because we don't have any, but I am sure they are wonderful:)