Friday, February 4, 2011

BIRTHDAYS!!!

This weekend will be a big weekend in our family - TODAY, Little Gray is 5 months old!!! I can't believe it! TOMORROW, James turns 25! and SUNDAY, I turn 29 - Yikes!  I am personally extremely grateful that we are all 3 healthy and can celebrate being alive.  I would give anything to have one more of Paw Paw's birthdays, or one more of James' Mom's (Sun) to celebrate as well as meet her.


So . . . in honor of James' 25th birthday, here are my top 25 favorite things about James: 
(I promise to keep this from getting too mushy)


25.  His Cleanliness - unlike a lot of males, James is super clean most of the time.
24.  His Mechanic Handiness - In case you didn't know, James is VERY good with automotive work! When Roxy (our Tahoe) needed a new transmission, he saved us $1,000 just by taking out the old one and then putting in the new one himself! (he did have some help from Luke and Jonny)
23.  His Intelligence
22.  His smile - it's completely genuine 
21.  His desire to stay fit
20.  His cooking skills - and that he has NEVER complained about my cooking
19.  His patience / lack of a temper (helps offset me :))
18.  His gentle nature with kiddos
17.  His love of the outdoors
16.  His love of technology and electronics (aka: apple freak)
15.  His giving nature
14.  The fact that one of his favorite songs is the Ting Tings', "That's not my name . . " 
13.  His incredibly deep love for his mother - Even though I've never seen them together, it definitely shows.
12.  His support - he is a really good motivator and supporter
11.  His dedication - to anything he commits to, marriage, school . . everything
10.  The fact that he is TOTALLY unable to resist a bag of chips
9.  His adventurous nature - he always wants to try new restaurants (me, not so much)
8.  The way he treats people and his desire to truly help others
7.  That he will watch any chick flick with me :)  
6.  His Humor - he never takes himself too seriously.  AND, he can make Grayson and I laugh in just about any situation
5.  His dancing skills - trust me, he has them!
4.  His ability to take jokes - about being a book worm, or a nerd, or Asian. . .
3.  That his word is as good as gold
2.  His love for his family


1.  His INSANE good looks!!!!!!!!!!


Happy Birthday tomorrow Sweetie!!!!!!

3 comments:

Em said...

This was fun to read! Happy Birthday, Santiago! The Brenners miss you 'round here!

Leslee said...

Happy Birthday to both of you!! That is fun that your birthdays are right next to eachother! My parents are the same way. Atleast it makes a blah month like February more exciting.

Ryan and Rikke said...

Hi Shelby - sorry for blog stalking, but I saw the link to your blog on Tyan's and thought I'd see how you were doing. Congrats on your little one! He's gorgeous! Hope you all are doing well.

Rikke