Thursday, December 23, 2010

Block 3 is DUNZO!!!

Well James is finally finished with his Block 3 exams!!! One whole semester of Med School is complete!  I'm SO proud of the way he managed to get a study routine down just after moving cities (and all the painful stuff that comes with that - new Insurances, new Driver's License, etc), while jumping through all kinds of hoops to get our loan money, becoming a father, getting a concussion, and just dealing with a newborn baby and a sometimes very emotional, post-partum wife!!!  
James is such a calm, steady person - I'm SOO lucky to have him in my life.



So, with block 3 being over, it's time to celebrate Christmas!!  James and I exchanged gifts and I got some nice goodies!! One of which was this perfume by Victoria's Secret.  If you haven't smelled it - you should, or just wait for me to come around b/c I will definitely be wearing it along with my new beanie!!

I'll post some pics of our Christmas gift exchange in Houston because I got some really good ones of Little Gray. 




On Tuesday afternoon we packed up both doggies and Little Gray and hit the road!  We made a pit stop in College Station for a Knife River Christmas dinner at Sodalak's.  I was SO excited that my old workplace thought to invite me!!  When James and I drove into town, we both realized just how much we missed College Station.  I felt it again when I went to the restroom at the restaurant and heard Robert Earl Keen being played. . . . ah the memories!!

The dinner was awesome and the two hour pit stop went by way too fast! I could have stayed and talked all night.  I LOVE being at home with Grayson, and our Houston life is amazing. . . . but I do miss College Station and my job at Knife River a lot.  Maybe one day we can mesh the two together!

We then fed Grayson, let the doggies potty, and got back on the road - armed with 3 cans of 5 hour energy.  I will admit, James did every single bit of the driving!  He is more of a trooper than me.  Although, to my credit, I did only sleep about 3 hours total off and on.  We arrived at 4:30am in Amarillo.  When we brought Grayson in, he was ready to start his day - he was WIDE awake.  So I stayed up with him for a few hours, and then James took over and I went to bed.

The 2 days that we have been here have been jam packed with shopping, working out, and more shopping!  It's SO nice to be around my parents and my sister and brother in law in the nice cold weather.  Grayson just loves them all! He is having a blast too with the 9 labs that are here (that's not counting the 8 seven week old puppies that are still here from the litter) . . . . that's right I said 9, with 8 of them being INSIDE the house. . . no I didn't stutter, 8 labs inside!!  BUT, they are all super well behaved, and get along amazingly well!!

On a side note, we found out yesterday that poor Parker has at least a partially torn ACL (possibly a fully torn one) with meniscal damage.  So, we are currently hunting for Orthopedic Surgeon Vets.  If anyone knows of a good one, please let me know. . . right now our likely choice is in Oklahoma City, OK.


I can't believe CHRISTMAS EVE is TOMORROW!!!!! 






0 comments: