Friday, January 20, 2012

My Husband the SUPERHERO

This past week has been one big blur.  I’ve had a sinus infection and body aches like crazy! After a week of being stubborn and suffering, I went to the Dr. and got some antibiotics today.  After the standard 2 hours at the Dr, I drove to the pharmacy to fill my prescription where I was told it would be another 30 minutes.  So I went home to eat. James was sweet enough to go pick up my prescription while I took a bath with Grayson.  Here’s where it gets interesting.
Once at the pharmacy, James asks for my insurance card back.  The pharmacist says that I never gave him a card.  I’m on the phone saying that he is full of it b/c I definitely left my card and the paper RX.  James is clever enough to check the drive thru container. . . turns out we were both right.  I did throw my card in, but the pharmacist never took it out.  
Meanwhile, I’m tired, lazy, achey, and when I make sudden moves, such as bending over, I get shooting pain in my head. I start the bath, strip Grayson down, and as I’m putting him in the tub I realize that he has pooped in his diaper.  I pause for half a second and think, eh, it’s probably all in the diaper. So I strip down, and as I’m getting in the tub I see all these BIG chunks of poop floating around. Perfect.  Just what I wanted to soak in - poop.  Grayson is of course, totally un-phased.  He is playing with his toys like it’s nothing.  I then drain out all of the water and poop, and start all over. 
By this time James is home.  So I quickly clean Grayson and pass him off to James for the teeth brushing, fresh diaper, and jammies part of the night. That’s when I look forward to a nice hot bath by myself. . . except for Parker, who drinks half of my bath water every night.  BUT, by this point there is no hot water left?!!! 
That’s when my SUPERHERO comes swooping in with a big pot of boiling water!! He dumps it in the tub and it actually made it hot! Then he comes in every 3 or 4 minutes with more and more hot water. . .. apparently he had all 4 burners going on the stove to keep up with my hot water demand.  :) Now THATS true love!!
I also might add that this is the second time he’s done this for me. A few years ago in College Station, our hot water heater went out and he boiled water for me so I could take a shower.  I don’t know if we have a better stove or bigger pots, but this time around was MUCH more successful! 
Thanks Sweetie - I love you!!!

0 comments: